We put our major remodel on hold but this year but we made changes to our master bedroom. The only thing left to do here is flooring and crown molding and that won't happen until the major remodel.
Here's a rundown of the master bedroom changes...
- We recovered the upholstered headboard, which is just a flat, hollow door we had lying around at our old home. We covered it with batting and navy blue fabric in 2008 before we put the old house on the market. Now, we've covered the navy blue fabric with a thick, textured tan fabric and put on nailhead trim. It was so easy and took less than an hour and about $30 in supplies.
- Probably my favorite change was replacing the series of 3 Italy photos above the bed with a 30x40 custom canvas with a 2.5 inch wrap. We used Blossom Publishing. Their service was amazing and fast.
- We moved a leather chair in here from the front room, added a small table and replaced my bridal portrait (I'm soooo over it) with two 11x14 canvas wraps of other photos from our 2007 Italy trip. We used Blossom Publishing for these wraps too.
- The whole house was fitted with new windows and we put custom shutters in the living room and master bedroom.
- We bought these nightstands and dresser shortly before the "Before" photo was taken. If you could only see the REAL "Before". I wish I would have taken a photo. Anyway, the new nightstands were so much bigger than our old nightstands so they needed more substantial lamps.
- I wanted to add more greens and browns and I wish the true color of the green showed better online. The pillows and blankets are from Pottery Barn and Target.
- We moved the desk into the kitchen. Yea!!