5.25.2009

Kitchen Seating

So, we're about to remodel our kitchen. It's going to have white, shaker style cabinets with long, modern pulls, dark grey counters, and a subway tile backsplash. I love the mix of modern and classic so the subway tile will probably be like the convex tile in the photo below.

We'll be replacing our current barstools and, hopefully, our dining room chairs as well. Here are a few of my ideas so far...

So I don't love backless barstools because the kids can fall off easily, but these Spin Barstools from Crate and Barrel have the right look (classic, a bit modern, easy to clean) and just may fit well in the possibly tight space. The price is great at $99.


I love these Delta Barstools from Crate and Barrel, but if the space is a little tight, would people be more likely to trip over the back legs as they walk past? $139.

If we go with the backless, here's a classic beauty that would pick on up on the dark table and white chairs nearby. Delano Barstool from Crate and Barrel. A bit steep at $179.
I love these Scoop-Back Barstools from West Elm but Jeremy doesn't like the thin backs. He thinks they don't look sturdy enough. $134.
He's probably right but I'll at least purchase one of these chair versions for the office or a few for our craft room.

I'd love to refinish our classic oval table and it's 4(!!) leaves. Currently, it's honey colored but I'd go dark and probably purchase white chairs to go with it ala these two photos.
From West Elm.
From my cousin Kellie's blog, Little Green Couch.

These are probably my first choice at this point. These Oval Back Dining Chairs from Crate and Barrel would be perfect because they would echo the oval table but take a modern spin on a classic. $144.

No comments: