A Newer Chandelier

I recently bought this gorgeous Restoration Hardware chandelier (at DownEast Home) but it just didn't work without higher ceilings (or a shorter husband...).

So, I decided to make our current dining room chandelier work for now without removing it for painting.

Before... an old, brassy chandelier with loads of crystals.

After... a hipper, black chandelier with less crystals.

I decided to use the black spray paint that we already had. Jeremy and I stood on ladders. I held a black, plastic garbage sack over the chandelier while Jeremy (aka the freakishly tall husband) stood on the ladder above the chandelier. He held the can of spray paint into the garbage sack and let loose.

We did one coat of primer, let it dry for 20 minutes, and followed up with two coats of black spray paint.

Before I put some of the crystals back on. I like it this way too.

Total cost: $0.
Total time: 1 hour.

1 comment:

Bethany Christensen said...

I like that you didn't even have to take the fixture down!! Way to go. It looks great.